Fetal Hope Foundation Fundraising Events
The Great Candy Run presented by Lender Processing Services and Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group
Atlantic Beach, FL - September 28, 2013
The Great Candy Run Main Page
September 28, 2013
Race Day Registration 7:00 AM - 8:15 AM
Free Kids Fun Run and Stretching Expo 8:00 AM
5K Run/Walk 8:30 AM
Awards immediately following 5K Run/Walk
751 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL
See map: Google Maps
Wonderful flat & fast course near Atlantic Theaters. Start/Finish line is on Sailfish Drive E. and parking is available in surrounding parking lots.
Jacksonville Grand Prix Race Event
Description: Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew, cover it with choc'late and a miracle or two? Well we all know the Candy Man can, but now imagine an event that is sure to make you feel sweet, plus a few miracles or two (more on that in a bit). Join us for The Great Candy Run. An event themed with so much sweetness Willy Wonka would be envious. Join us for this sweet event that has something for everyone. Previously known as the Race for Fetal Hope, The Great Candy Run 5K Run/Walk and Gumdrop Kids Fun Run will be sure not to disappoint with everything from sweet prize money, amazing award medals and a finish like no other, costume contest, and our family festival with face painting, games for all ages, and so much more sweetness. So what are you waiting for? Come for a sweet experience, leave with the sweetest of memories! Proceeds benefit the Fetal Health Foundation. The Fetal Health Foundation provides miracles by supporting families
In-Store Registration: You can register at any 1st Place Sports location thru 9/27/2013.
Course description: All things are sweet with The Great Candy Run, including our course. Start near the Atlantic Theaters on this sweet themed course that is flat, fast, and (you guessed it) sweet!
Directions to start: You will certainly not miss our sweet start/finish line on Sailfish Drive E.
Parking: Don't be sour, plenty of parking is available in the parking lots in the Atlantic Theatre location.
• The first three overall male & female finishers.
• The first three overall male & female stroller finishers.
• The first three age group finishers (male & female)
in the following age categories: 12 & under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over.
Costume Contest Awards
• Best Adult Costume
• Best Kid Costume
• Best Team Costume
• Best Volunteer Costume
• Best Volunteer Group Costume
Finisher medals and sweet goody bags will be awarded to all kids participating in the Gum Drop Kids Fun Run.
• Free Sweet Treats : 8:30am - 10:30am - All 5k event participants will be treated to free sweet treats from Sweet Pete's on-site candy shoppe located inside the Atlantic Theatre via a pull tag on your runner bib. Spectators may also enjoy sweet treats with a small donation of $1.00.
• Free Event Photos: Free branded event photo downloads, compliments of James Vernacotola Photography will be available a few days post the event.
• Free Family Festival: 8:00am - 10:30am - Climb Rock Candy Mountain, sweet bounce houses, face painting, games, prizes, special characters and much more.
• Free Kids Fun Run: 8:00am - Stretching expo and free kids fun run. All kids receive a goody bag with some sweet treats and finishers medal. As a part of the kids fun run, all kids are provided a complimentary runners bib that will be available on race day in the packet pick-up area (chip distribution table) and at the announcers table located near the start/finish line.
• Free Kids Taffy Pull with Sweet Pete's: 8:30am - 10:30am - Kids will be treated to a hands on taffy pull with Sweet Pete's located inside the Atlantic Theatre lobby. They will get to make their own taffy to take home with them. Making taffy will take about 20 minutes.
• The Cause - Fetal Health Foundation: 800,000 pregnancies every year are affected by a fetal syndrome. Every day we lose more than 200 babies. Help us provide hope by donating, fundraising, and participating in this sweet event!
• Tech-Shirts: New this year: We will have gender specific tech shirts
for each participant. Men, women and children will each have their
own color, so be sure to wear yours on race day and sprinkle the course
with sweet color.
• Stroller Division: For those who want to be recognized for the hard
work of pushing a stroller. Only the participant pushing the stroller
should select this division.
Note: Children that will be pushed in a stroller or will not be
actively participating in the main 5K Run/Walk are not required
to register unless they want an event shirt and bib number.
• Packet pickup: Event packets will be available for pick-up
Thursday, 9/26 - Friday 9/27 from 10 AM - 6 PM, or on event day at
pre-registration (Bibs, t-shirts and timing tags will be available on race
morning starting at 7:00 am until 8:15 am.). The following locations are available:
•Race Day at Pre-Registration
•2186 Park Ave, Orange Park
•424 South 3rd Street, Jax Beach
•2016 San Marco Blvd, Jacksonville
•3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville
•4870 Big Island Drive, St. John's Town Center
•Gum Drop Kids Fun Run is FREE (SWEET!)
•Family 4 Pack - online only, not available race day
•Add $5 for race day registration
• Adults (13 & Over) $30.00
• Kids (12 & Under) $25.00
• Seniors (60 & Over) $25.00
• Family 4 Pack $90.00
Volunteer Registration: www.RunningGuru.com/ Volunteer/ GreatCandyRunVolunteer
Race Director: firstname.lastname@example.org